Today I walked into a small gym, where I approached the lady with the clip board of last names A-L. She then checked my name off and pointed me to the ballot lady. The ballot lady then gave me the precious folded piece of paper, not the cheap kind, it was thicker, and the words Official Ballot were on the front. She also gave me a sticker, where if I wanted to I could have gone to Starbucks for a free cup of coffee. Then I saw the curtains. I approached them confidently, looked for one that no legs were visible underneath, and found a good spot towards the end. I closed the curtain and instantly felt more grown up. I opened the piece of paper, read the directions, because I want my vote to count, and started the process. 3/4 of the names I didn't recognize, but I made a distinct "x" next to McCain and Palin. I folded the paper up, and walked to the Ballot Collectors who took my name and address and crossed off my name so I couldn't vote more than once. And then it went... into the box with all the other votes. I voted for the first time today, and it felt so cool.
The End.
The End.


Folded ballot? No circles to fill in? What I really want to know is if the person crossing your name off had a ruler? Haha! Just one of my many observations over the years about voting day! Glad you were a part of making history today!
If milford doesn't use a ruler... mont vernon definitely doesn't use a ruler... and WHOA!! crossed off your name after you handed in your ballot... totally different... and yea wait... folded ballot?????? X's???? aren't all NH ballots the same... at least they should be within a county... was it a real ballot box or a cardboard box with a slit cut out of the top????
I WANT A RECOUNT ;]
Love ~G