I'm sick which makes me miss home.... alot
I've had a rocky past few days, but I was encouraged tonight by an amazing woman who reminded me of the passage in Hebrew's 6, where it says that Jesus is our anchor. He is the one that is stable and holds us together :-)
I taught Sunday school yesterday... it was pretty neat, but I miss being at a church where I feel involved and feel like I am apart of something. I miss the loving, family atmosphere of CCA, and I especially miss some very special youth group girls who I feel so disconnected from
My daddy is having surgery on thursday and I just want to give him a hug
I love my mom, and I don't think I could be here and survive without her encouraging phone calls and for putting up with me
I'm scared
I'm really excited for the turkey bowl!!! lyss and gordy are coming :-)
gordy is coming to visit again this weekend and alyssa and I are making him take us out to chili's and we can't wait :-)
I've cried a bit the past few days, haven't really done that since October 15th, but thankfully I couldn't have been around a more loving couple and a cuter baby :-) i suppose there is a positive outlook on every situation
I was thinking today that I would rather have my feelings hurt than live a lie
I got to hold a precious baby kitten today!
I'm wearing Jace's hat which I tend to do when I'm homesick because it makes me feel closer to home
This passage of scripture (Lamentations 3) has been helping me:
18 So I say, "My splendor is gone and all that I had hoped from the LORD."
19 I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall.
20 I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me.
21 Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:
22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;great is your faithfulness.
24 I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."
25 The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him;
26 it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.
I really value the truthful and honest relationships in my life and miss them
I need to change the strings on geetar when I come home
Lisa has been on my heart a lot this week and I am anxiously awaiting a phone call (hint hint)... and in reality I should just pick up the phone and call you, but you are at youth group right now so i can't.... stink!
I want someone who doesn't forget to care
Sometimes I wish I could just run away and move to namibia or something and escape myself, but then I remember that running from my problems doesn't solve them
I am so thankful that Jesus is always there because I have been feeling so alone, and I know thats because I have a lot to do before thanksgiving which makes me want to fastforward
Lord willing my best friend will be getting married this summer :-D (SHHHH!!!! :-)
Psalm 139- Jesus knows me like no one else, and He knows what is best for me even when I can't see it or don't want to see
Sin sucks and so does dissapointment
but HOPE does not dissapoint us!
Someone just walked through top floor lounge and in a frusterated voice said, "no more college" hehe... i agree with that sentiment although BBC is amazing even if it is hard
I have the line from the fourth Jesus video in my head- "What in the name of me is going on in here!?!"
"oh no you never let go, through the calm and through the storm"
I'm praying that I can continually learn to encourage others and take the focus off of myself
God is awesome! (In a Joan accent ;-)
Phil 4:6-7


Oh Amanda,
You speak from your heart. That is such an amazing thing for someone so young. I wish I had your courage at your age. Please know we love you and miss you and can't wait to see you soon! We are all a phone call away! It's okay to pick up the phone. We all get so caught up in our daily lives, we forget to call on the ones we love and reach out to them. Hang in there kid, God is hanging in there with you. His plan will show itself bit by bit.
Love ya, miss ya, hugs all around,
Erica
Hey Manda. I've been thinking of you too... I'll try to call you on my way home tomorrow. there's much to catch up on. I'd call now, but it's midnight. Thanks for sharing your heart! Hope to catch up with you in person in a couple weeks.