So an eventful week it has been! My double ear infections are almost gone, but unfortunetley my mom is trying to get me a doctor's appointment when I get home to have them checked out because I have had so many this past year, not looking forward to that. But 8 days till I come home! I remember when that number was so much higher! Crazy how time is flying! My dad's surgery went well and he is safe and sound, praise God for that and for keeping him safe. It's always so hard for me to be away when things like that are going on. Thank you for all of the encouraging comments and phone calls, I can't even express how much they lift my spirits and they always come at just the right time.
What other life updates can I share? I'm working again, and it's going well. I work a couple of hours during the week at a school, and I start working at Express again this weekend, something I told myself I wouldn't do again, yet here I go! Gordy (the affectionate nickname for alyssa's boyfriend) came to visit this past weekend and we got to jam together and he took us out to chili's. We had a blast and our tummies appreciated non cafeteria food. Gordy also introduced me to Jessie Daniels who is currently in my cd player and she's awesome!
I think the biggest update is I wrote a new song this week! It's funny how with both of my songs God completley gave me the words and music, because there's no way this mind can normally come up with something in under a half an hour. So here are the lyrics, you can't really get the ful effect without the music, but enjoy and who knows maybe if I'm brave enough I'll play it for you :-)
Can't wait to see you all!!! love you guys!
I cry in the shower
Because it's the only place
Where I can be alone
I'm so tired
Probably for all those days
Praying you'd pick up the phone
But this heart of mine that's been slowly breaking
Says its time to let you go
Chorus:
Oh God
I turn to you
I'm sorry for being satisfied in everything but You
I've turned away
Wanting to be loved
But all along
You were the greatest love of all
Your will
So quiet
But whispered all along
Yet hearts desires
Far too often
Sing another song
Time will tell they say
Doesn't make it any easier
So goodbye for now
I'm learning to love my Savior
(Chorus)
Bridge:
I fell for mystery
Instead of the Creator of it all
It's about time I see
That You are all I need
(Chorus x2)
You ARE the greatest Love of all
You ARE the greatest Love of all
What other life updates can I share? I'm working again, and it's going well. I work a couple of hours during the week at a school, and I start working at Express again this weekend, something I told myself I wouldn't do again, yet here I go! Gordy (the affectionate nickname for alyssa's boyfriend) came to visit this past weekend and we got to jam together and he took us out to chili's. We had a blast and our tummies appreciated non cafeteria food. Gordy also introduced me to Jessie Daniels who is currently in my cd player and she's awesome!
I think the biggest update is I wrote a new song this week! It's funny how with both of my songs God completley gave me the words and music, because there's no way this mind can normally come up with something in under a half an hour. So here are the lyrics, you can't really get the ful effect without the music, but enjoy and who knows maybe if I'm brave enough I'll play it for you :-)
Can't wait to see you all!!! love you guys!
I cry in the shower
Because it's the only place
Where I can be alone
I'm so tired
Probably for all those days
Praying you'd pick up the phone
But this heart of mine that's been slowly breaking
Says its time to let you go
Chorus:
Oh God
I turn to you
I'm sorry for being satisfied in everything but You
I've turned away
Wanting to be loved
But all along
You were the greatest love of all
Your will
So quiet
But whispered all along
Yet hearts desires
Far too often
Sing another song
Time will tell they say
Doesn't make it any easier
So goodbye for now
I'm learning to love my Savior
(Chorus)
Bridge:
I fell for mystery
Instead of the Creator of it all
It's about time I see
That You are all I need
(Chorus x2)
You ARE the greatest Love of all
You ARE the greatest Love of all

