amanda
So I think I just had the best Valentine's day I've ever had.

I invited kayleena and gwenny over and we had a party. Hopefully pics will be up soon. I decided that it's easy to become grumpy on days like today so I would try to reach out to others instead. I basically did everything for the girls that I would want on valentine's day. I made them dinner, got them each one rose, watched a couple of chick flicks, and ate far too much chocolate. We laughed so much and really enjoyed eachother's company. We complained about how dumb boys can be, and talked about how cute the guy in Sweet Home Alabama is. It was just so much fun and I'm so thankful for a great time of fellowship. Who cares that I couldn't get my car out of the driveway this morning, that work was a little rough, that I got lost... =) yeah, it was one of those days. I'm thankful for relationships, and for oppurtunities, and that life can be fun when you focus on others instead of yourself.

I'm thankful that God takes us by surprise sometimes =)

"Let me call you sweetheart..." is the song stuck in my head tonight, also one of Mary Higgens Clark's book titles.

The other movie we watched was The Perfect Man. Here's my favorite quote from the movie. Mother to daughter.

"Unfortunately, honey pie, new people are only new for a day. After that, they're just people. Who'll excite you, disappoint you, scare you a little bit. And boy do I know how tempting it is to run away when that happens. It's good for avoiding things. But the problem is that you end up avoiding yourself. Avoiding people you love. You end up avoiding life. So I've decided to start setting an example for you girls. I'm going to try showing you what sticking it out looks like. Really get to know people. And let people get to know us. I don't promise to be any good at it, but I will try. Because I want you and Zoe to be better at this than I am. I want you to learn how to let people in."
0 Responses