TLC- I finally e-mailed the girls that I counseled this summer. It's been six months since my experience as being a counselor. I already recieved one response, and it's going to be so neat hearing what all the girls are up to and how God is using them and stretching them. I also have permission to take the ENTIRE month of July off from work, which I can't even tell you what a blessing that is. I handed in my application for Namibia 08! And once we get back I would love to be able to take a group of teens down to TLC. It would be so fun!
Chunky's- I went to Chunky's for my first time tonight! It was so exciting, I felt like a little kid. Erica and I had such a blast and it was her first time too. It was good to be with someone who finds fun in the littlest things like me.
My own Bucket List- That's the movie I saw tonight. It was amazing, dare I say beyond amazing! I laughed. I cried. But most importantly I walked out of the movie unable to stop thinking about what I just saw, and how there are some things I want to change. My goal for this week is to make my own personal bucket list. One that reflects who I am. A list that I can finally write because I'm dreaming again and I've been acting on my dreams. It's much easier to make a list like this when your not so pessimistic. So I praise God for that. But just to warn you it's going to be a sappy, romantic list. One that is deep and meaningful to me. There will also be a lot about traveling, so apparently I am going to need to add "marry a rich man" on the list ;-) hehe... unfortunetley or more like fortuently that is not what I want against my nana's wishes. =) I find that it's who you're with, not where you are that makes life an adventure. If you have the right attitude and spirit, driving through your own town can be an adventure.
Accepting myself- I'm a very deep, thoughtful and emotional person, but that's who God made me to be. I'm not going to apoligize for that. I've learned that I'm a caring person. I remember things down to the smallest details about people, yet I forgot once where Pearl Harbor took place. But you know what? As annoying as it can be for me that I feel like I'm stupid and can't retain information very well, I'd rather remember the day one of my best friends lost her dad so I can give her a call and remind her she's loved, than know a date or a name in history. That's not my gift, but loving people and encouraging them is. So I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm done trying to be the smart girl to meet other people's approval, and spend so much time worrying about it. I'm glad God created me to be who I am because I love that I love people, and I love to make other people smile. And I'm glad I know many smart people that I can get all my history info from. (cough cough Jace! =) PS: The one thing that will not be on my list however is getting a tatoo of a flag on my butt. lol, sorry PD. However, Dudley will forever be my hero with his "mac tat."
Chunky's- I went to Chunky's for my first time tonight! It was so exciting, I felt like a little kid. Erica and I had such a blast and it was her first time too. It was good to be with someone who finds fun in the littlest things like me.
My own Bucket List- That's the movie I saw tonight. It was amazing, dare I say beyond amazing! I laughed. I cried. But most importantly I walked out of the movie unable to stop thinking about what I just saw, and how there are some things I want to change. My goal for this week is to make my own personal bucket list. One that reflects who I am. A list that I can finally write because I'm dreaming again and I've been acting on my dreams. It's much easier to make a list like this when your not so pessimistic. So I praise God for that. But just to warn you it's going to be a sappy, romantic list. One that is deep and meaningful to me. There will also be a lot about traveling, so apparently I am going to need to add "marry a rich man" on the list ;-) hehe... unfortunetley or more like fortuently that is not what I want against my nana's wishes. =) I find that it's who you're with, not where you are that makes life an adventure. If you have the right attitude and spirit, driving through your own town can be an adventure.
Accepting myself- I'm a very deep, thoughtful and emotional person, but that's who God made me to be. I'm not going to apoligize for that. I've learned that I'm a caring person. I remember things down to the smallest details about people, yet I forgot once where Pearl Harbor took place. But you know what? As annoying as it can be for me that I feel like I'm stupid and can't retain information very well, I'd rather remember the day one of my best friends lost her dad so I can give her a call and remind her she's loved, than know a date or a name in history. That's not my gift, but loving people and encouraging them is. So I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm done trying to be the smart girl to meet other people's approval, and spend so much time worrying about it. I'm glad God created me to be who I am because I love that I love people, and I love to make other people smile. And I'm glad I know many smart people that I can get all my history info from. (cough cough Jace! =) PS: The one thing that will not be on my list however is getting a tatoo of a flag on my butt. lol, sorry PD. However, Dudley will forever be my hero with his "mac tat."

