My Uncle is going in for more testing tomorrow. Friday night he got some blood work back that the doctor's thought might have been a mistake, but after retesting they knew it wasn't. The doctor's are 95% sure my uncle has a form of Lukemia :-(
The news was devestating and shocking as what went from a normal checkup turned into a nightmare. So just pray for my family. My mom is going with him tomorrow, and we should know the definite results by then.
Tonight's Youth Group was awesome. It was one of those reminder nights of why I love youth ministry so much. We had an awesome game courtesy of this amazing website I stumbled upon earlier. So between watching the kids do ridiculous things like wrap eachother up in toilet paper, and being in the small group with the jr. highers and listening to the junior high boys' questions... it was so cool. It was one of those affirming/remembering what youth ministry is all about nights. I love it =)
Then we watched one of the Nooma videos. I felt like God was talking to me. I have felt so frusterated lately in the fact that I feel like I fail so often. How easy it is for me to stumble or mess up. I know it goes back to not spending time with God. But one of the lines was reminding us that God chose us. God chose us because He believes in us. It was so cool to think of that. As he said, he always thinks of believing in God, but never the other way around. God chose us because He knows we can do His will and He believes in us. That is just such an example of love to me. I am so self concious and insecure most of the time, and just hearing that God believes in me, when I so often feel like a failure meant everything tonight.
PS: I watched a couple of black and white detective movies (nancy drew!!! <3 ) and am now addicted to spider solitaire.
The news was devestating and shocking as what went from a normal checkup turned into a nightmare. So just pray for my family. My mom is going with him tomorrow, and we should know the definite results by then.
Tonight's Youth Group was awesome. It was one of those reminder nights of why I love youth ministry so much. We had an awesome game courtesy of this amazing website I stumbled upon earlier. So between watching the kids do ridiculous things like wrap eachother up in toilet paper, and being in the small group with the jr. highers and listening to the junior high boys' questions... it was so cool. It was one of those affirming/remembering what youth ministry is all about nights. I love it =)
Then we watched one of the Nooma videos. I felt like God was talking to me. I have felt so frusterated lately in the fact that I feel like I fail so often. How easy it is for me to stumble or mess up. I know it goes back to not spending time with God. But one of the lines was reminding us that God chose us. God chose us because He believes in us. It was so cool to think of that. As he said, he always thinks of believing in God, but never the other way around. God chose us because He knows we can do His will and He believes in us. That is just such an example of love to me. I am so self concious and insecure most of the time, and just hearing that God believes in me, when I so often feel like a failure meant everything tonight.
PS: I watched a couple of black and white detective movies (nancy drew!!! <3 ) and am now addicted to spider solitaire.


"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you."
~Isaiah 26:3
Praying for your Uncle...
Jesus, Great Physician, reach down and touch not only this man but all the family. Bring peace. Bring love. Bring relief from worry. Bring knowledge of yourself where it is needed. And heal this man.
Amen
D--