amanda
That's what happens when you think too much like me. Sleep doesn't always come so easily.

I'm struck tonight with the thought of how quickly everything can change. The plan or the events of a day can completley turn into something else in a matter of hours. It's a reminder to take nothing for granted and hold your loved ones dear. It's a reminder that we are guarenteed nothing, that we have the current moment we are living in and that is all. So we better make it the best moment we can. It's like my quote, "Life is a Journey, Seize Every Moment." Today was one of those reminder days for me. It turned out to be a very difficult day with really hard news, but I will write about it next week when we know more.

Just so you all know I'm excited about life right now. Anxious to get going on my next steps, and overwhelmed at all the possibilities and work ahead of me. But I need to take a deep breath and remember that all I have is the now. But it's fun to reach towards some dreams and goals.

I'm not accepted yet, but it appears that night classes in March at Rivier is in my future. I got my Clep Test study guide book today, and my goal is to CLEP out of US History, College Algebra, Chemistry, and Bio. It's a tall order, but that's the goal. I hit up staples last night, they gave me a teacher's rewards card =) and I bought a bunch of index cards for the many nights of studying ahead to hopefully pass these exams as it will save a lot of time and money. The way the road looks is having my Bachelor's within 2 1/2 years, but you know me, I like to get things done faster =) This would also include a semester of Student Teaching which scares the life out of me, but I don't have to think about that for awhile. I started writing my book, I only have a page and a half so far, but it's a start. Some of my music is in the recording works. Plans for the license plate are in March. I'm learning to enjoy this phase of uncertainty. It gets to me at times, but I'm excited about the possibilities now instead of avoiding and being scared to death of change. Things happen as they happen, and I need to enjoy and trust God for what He has planned. I'm just thankful that He has brought me this far, that I enjoy my life again and that depression hasn't been consuming my mind like it had been.

But with all of these changes it's easy to not spend time with God. I've been struggling with that lately. Coming to the end of a day and realizing that my prayer life had been pretty minimal and bible reading none. It was so much easier at Bible College =) The Balance of life is hard. I'm trying to balance work, friends, working out, youth group, family, and pretty soon school! But it's good for me. I really have been feeling like I'm growing up, becoming more responsible and learning all of those adult things.

Yet in that Balance God seems to be the last on the list that I get to... when the reality is He should be in everything. You don't compartmentalize when it comes to God. I hope to be more concious of that.

Well it's 1:23. A twenty minute post... not too bad.

goodnight <3
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Miss you girl!! Maybe we can hang out this week! You are in my prayers; school is going to be great for you. Just remember God has your back and so do I.

    Love ya!