I have no idea what the rest of my life will hold. I don't know how long I have left, what events might occur, or if I'll work at anything I'm about to write.
All I know is that God is so cool. I'm in a job I never thought I would have, or thought I would be good at. Yet a little boy, and lots of learning have made me absolutley fall in love with the field of special education. I'm not sure if I want to teach, or I have dreams of going over to Namibia or another foreign country for a longer time period of time to help with the special education efforts, or maybe continue with what I'm doing now. And who knows, maybe I'll end up doing all three.
But I want to be prepared.
I think I'm going back to school. Yes, it's me and I really did say that. The girl who has been against going back to school really wants to. So I've been pulling paperwork together, and I have an appointment tomorrow at 4:30 so please pray. Not sure if I will be able to start taking night classes this semester, but I can start preparing for the fall. Yes, this means more loans... yes it means homework, but it also means oppurtunity. I want to get my Bachelor's in special education, and then who knows, maybe I'll even go for my master's which I heard is a short (and very intensive program). But I think it's the best decision. 1) It will help me get paid more, and for the girl who doesn't want to live at home for the rest of her life this is VERY appealing. 2) I would be able to teach and have more job oppurtunities. 3) And probably the most important, I will be more knowledgeable and prepared for whatever comes my way.
So I want to help change the world, and I think spending some more time refining my passions, and learning, and figuring myself out some more will be a very good thing.
I've been doing some research on special education and oppurtunities overseas. It looks like education has many venues, as does youth ministry so I looked up both. And Namibia made the list, I could go teach for Nan :-)
www.sim.org/index.php/career/education
www.sim.org/index.php/career/children-and-youth
This last link absolutley breaks my heart. I want to help. There is little to nothing happening in Africa in regards to special education. In my research I came across very few stories of missionaries involved in this effort. So it's definetley something that's been on my mind and heart a lot.
http://www.africaspromise.org/special_school.html
So this dream is probably one of the most important. I want to use my gifts and abilities, passions and desires, to serve God to make a difference.
All I know is that God is so cool. I'm in a job I never thought I would have, or thought I would be good at. Yet a little boy, and lots of learning have made me absolutley fall in love with the field of special education. I'm not sure if I want to teach, or I have dreams of going over to Namibia or another foreign country for a longer time period of time to help with the special education efforts, or maybe continue with what I'm doing now. And who knows, maybe I'll end up doing all three.
But I want to be prepared.
I think I'm going back to school. Yes, it's me and I really did say that. The girl who has been against going back to school really wants to. So I've been pulling paperwork together, and I have an appointment tomorrow at 4:30 so please pray. Not sure if I will be able to start taking night classes this semester, but I can start preparing for the fall. Yes, this means more loans... yes it means homework, but it also means oppurtunity. I want to get my Bachelor's in special education, and then who knows, maybe I'll even go for my master's which I heard is a short (and very intensive program). But I think it's the best decision. 1) It will help me get paid more, and for the girl who doesn't want to live at home for the rest of her life this is VERY appealing. 2) I would be able to teach and have more job oppurtunities. 3) And probably the most important, I will be more knowledgeable and prepared for whatever comes my way.
So I want to help change the world, and I think spending some more time refining my passions, and learning, and figuring myself out some more will be a very good thing.
I've been doing some research on special education and oppurtunities overseas. It looks like education has many venues, as does youth ministry so I looked up both. And Namibia made the list, I could go teach for Nan :-)
www.sim.org/index.php/career/education
www.sim.org/index.php/career/children-and-youth
This last link absolutley breaks my heart. I want to help. There is little to nothing happening in Africa in regards to special education. In my research I came across very few stories of missionaries involved in this effort. So it's definetley something that's been on my mind and heart a lot.
http://www.africaspromise.org/special_school.html
So this dream is probably one of the most important. I want to use my gifts and abilities, passions and desires, to serve God to make a difference.


You go Girl!! Listen to God and what you feel in your heart and you can't go wrong! You will do amazing things if you just listen to the whispers! :-) I know they can be hard to hear, some people get shouts, but I think you and I get whispers cause he knows we don't deal well with the loud stuff. Love ya and let me know how your appointment goes!