amanda
I thought I'd give a quick summary of our trip:

Friday- Lots of driving
Saturday- More driving, made it to Diann's by 7. I got to meet the most amazing family who made me feel comfortable by the get go.
Sunday- We went over to John's church and then had a big family cookout.
Monday- Magic Kingdom to see the girls dance. Then we went on a bunch of rides till late. A very tiring day
Tuesday- Hollywood Studios. Tower of terror was my favorite!
Wednesday- Relaxing day. Went to Grandma's pool. Then back to Grandma's house for a bday party for em. Then played scattegories till really late! =)
Thursday- Hung out with my friend Jordan from BBC. Then made our journey to Dave's house. Had a cookout and met their family. Got to see Richard.
Friday- Went on a really fun boat ride where we saw gators. Then went to the beach and out to dinner. Played some music.
Saturday- Lot's of driving
Sunday- More Driving and we made it home!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One of the things that really touched my heart on this trip was the family I was around. It was so nice to be around a family where God was truly at the center. That although they may be in different locations when they come together they can talk about what God is doing, and laugh about things like politics. The family traditions and love for one another was so apparent. It was nice to be around a family that has pretty much always had God in their lives, and were relatively normal. :-) It was just such a blessing for me.

The hardest part about trips like this is meeting such amazing people and not having enough time to get to know them. It's good experiences like the one I had that made me wish I could have stayed longer. Or sometimes I wish I could be in so many places at once. Be at home, school, my ohio friends, work friends, with my group from the cruise, florida friends, namibia friends, the texas friends I know I will have when I finally go visit! :-) But God has me where I am for a reason. I was a little heavy hearted waking up this morning. I was just wishing that my trip hadn't been so short and that I didn't have to go back to work already. But I prayed on the drive to work that God would take away the anxiety I had. As soon as I saw the big smiling face of the student I work with, I felt reassured that I am where I am supposed to be. God really does bring peace and remind us of our purpose when we put Him above our own personal desires. Yet another answer to prayer this week!

I put a ton of pictures up on my facebook. Overall I am just so thankful for the week I had to relax, read, meet new friends and listen to God.

To all my new Florida friends, thanks for everything!

0 Responses