amanda
So... I've been thinking.... :-) What else is new? I graduate in ten days, I can't even tell you how much that blows my mind. What a crazy, amazing, up and down two years it's been. After Banquet my good friend Mary and I went to my aunt's house for the weekend. One night we were out in the hottub and we just talked about life and God and how He has been working. We talked about ministry and how God has been preparing us for it. But most of all we talked about how blessed we are that God opened our eyes to the truth. Looking up at the moon through the trees I found myself thinking for the millionth time, "how can people not see?" And then I have to remember that I didn't used to always be able to see either. Yet God chose to open my eyes and what a humbling thing that is.
I also can't escape this quote:
"By leading the students to a place where they experienced their emotions with God, not just in a spiritual context..." ~Richard R. Dunn "Shaping the Spiritual Lives of Students"
Ever since I read this quote it has stuck with me because I realized how much I need to improve in this area. And it's not just with emotions- but my actions, my activities, my all. How much of my life is spent living and then in turn applying the "spritual context" to whatever is going on? Yet in reality there should be no difference... my life/my everything should be already living out the spiritual context because I am experiencing life with God. What an amazing concept that seems so simple, but I struggle with it.
So basically I'm just in awe of a God that made my favorite flower that I got to enjoy at my aunt's house this weekend, and who opened my eyes to the Truth . That I am His beloved child and that He loves me. That He made me just the way I am for a reason, that I have the gifts and abilities I have at the levels they are for a reason. That even though I'm about to step out into a new phase of my life, probably teaching some little ones, something I never ever would have planned for myself, God has been preparing me for it all. I'm thankful that God sees past age, and what I think I can accomplish because He knows how great He is and what He can do in my life.
Thank you Father for loving me.
Random Shot From Campus Appreciation Day




BANQUET!!!!!!


My Dress
At Banquet





Jadon Lavik


After Banquet Festivities.... Starbucks!!!!




Cowgirl Photoshoot










But the best thing about a long night out is getting out of those pretty dresses and back into "normal" clothes :-)



0 Responses