I had a really great day today =)
Music: Worship team this morning was a good lesson because I think God was using it as a way to trust in Him. First service I broke my pick because I was nervously playing with it during a break. Fortunetley there was one behind me. Second service was the kicker because right before one of the songs the WWJD bracelet holding my guitar strap on broke in the corner and the guitar started falling, lol. So while I'm trying to fix it I'm bumping into everything and Jimmy said he heard me say "oh stink" from where he was sitting =) I think I handled it pretty well even though I was panicking inside, but the whole time I was giving myself a pep talk. No one is perfect, things like this happen to everyone and all you can do is make the best of it. So I did my best to not feel more self concious than I was already feeling, and just shake it off and do my best. I really enjoyed this morning though, it makes me want to get so much better at the guitar. I selfishly can't wait till Jesse's studio is done, because I will be one of his first students to sign up! :-) That way when I write songs I can use more than the 10 chords or so that I only use in my songs. I think more oppurtunities like this might help me get my confidence up a bit.
Christmas: Today my family, the Rentz', Jesse H, Kyle, Rose and her two granddaughters went to the little museam in our town. It's really cute and talks a lot about the towns history. I also had the priveldge of standing on stage for the pre-tree lighting events with the first grade class that I work with because they got chosen to sing, so I got to stand up there with my little guy. Then went to the Burns' open house where I saw my little boyfriend Peter. =) hehe, he's four and so stinkin adorable. I hope to get that pic up tomorrow.




Music: Worship team this morning was a good lesson because I think God was using it as a way to trust in Him. First service I broke my pick because I was nervously playing with it during a break. Fortunetley there was one behind me. Second service was the kicker because right before one of the songs the WWJD bracelet holding my guitar strap on broke in the corner and the guitar started falling, lol. So while I'm trying to fix it I'm bumping into everything and Jimmy said he heard me say "oh stink" from where he was sitting =) I think I handled it pretty well even though I was panicking inside, but the whole time I was giving myself a pep talk. No one is perfect, things like this happen to everyone and all you can do is make the best of it. So I did my best to not feel more self concious than I was already feeling, and just shake it off and do my best. I really enjoyed this morning though, it makes me want to get so much better at the guitar. I selfishly can't wait till Jesse's studio is done, because I will be one of his first students to sign up! :-) That way when I write songs I can use more than the 10 chords or so that I only use in my songs. I think more oppurtunities like this might help me get my confidence up a bit.
Christmas: Today my family, the Rentz', Jesse H, Kyle, Rose and her two granddaughters went to the little museam in our town. It's really cute and talks a lot about the towns history. I also had the priveldge of standing on stage for the pre-tree lighting events with the first grade class that I work with because they got chosen to sing, so I got to stand up there with my little guy. Then went to the Burns' open house where I saw my little boyfriend Peter. =) hehe, he's four and so stinkin adorable. I hope to get that pic up tomorrow.




Colorado: The Church shootings... It's just crazy to see how dark sin is and the things humans are capable of. When persecution happens a little closer to home it's amazing how quick I really react and think about things. I need to be thinking and praying more for countries around the world that face even greater turmoil every day, that we in our comfortable american lifestyle are so fortunate to not be faced with. But the more I see the focus on truth being "relative" the more and more I see Jesus being pushed away and talked down upon while other religions are allowed to share as much as they want. I don't understand why in today's school systems that Islam and Budhism can be taught, but when it comes to Christianity everyone avoids it and says it's not okay. It's because the Truth is offensive. Praise God that we know that He wins, and no matter how many people try to wipe Him out of the picture, He created the picture and He will have the last say.
Traveling: Trying to convince my dad to take me to NYC a couple of weekends from now. I've been dying to go. And I might take a little PA trip this weekend to see friends but not sure if I feel like spending the gas money.
Losing Weight: Why is it that when I go to the gym I gain weight and the weeks I miss a few days I lose it? lol... gotta love it, I would love to lose even five pounds before Christmas. That would be amazing. I'm gonna start setting little goals to hopefully avoid being discouraged and I'll update you as the next few weeks unfold.
Birthdays: Two special birthday's this week! Emma and my little brother Nicholas! yay!
Well friends... tomorrow is Monday and it's a new week. Pastor Darin for two weeks now has brought up the observation that this is the time of year when so many people are more open to spiritual things. That really has been tugging at my heart, because I have been so "me-focused" since I've been trying to get back on my feet emotionally. I feel like I haven't been ministry minded enough, and looking to serve people behind the scenes and share my faith enough. That's what I want to work on this week... to try and love people better, and to be a light to those in my work place.
Well I need to get to bed early tonight, maybe we'll have a two hour delay tomorrow? =)

