Ever wonder sometimes why life only seems to go by so fast when your looking back on it?
I'm in my LAST semester at BBC... that is so crazy!
I had such a good drive home yesterday, I left Chris Tomlin's CD, "See the Morning" on repeat, so you know it's a good CD if you can listen to it over and over for about 5 1/2 hours straight. His CD has been such a blessing to me, and I love so many of the songs. "How can I keep from singing" and "Made to Worship" are among my two favorites and since I have a special Edition CD I have the accoustic versions of both songs, my other favorite is his popular rendition of Amazing Grace with the new chorus he wrote. The one thing I like about driving by myself for a long period of time is it gives me plenty of time to think, and I really just tried to meditate on God and how good He is. The second time the CD played through the familiar lyrics in the bridge of "Enough" hit me with new meaning, and gave me a joy and peace I haven't felt in a long time.
"More than all I want
More than all I need
You are more than enough for me
More than all I know
More than all I can see
You are more than enough for me"
I have heard this song so many times, I have sang it so many times, and the words never really hit me so hard till yesterday. God is so much more "awesome" than I could ever imagine or recognize because of my sinful state. God is more than all I want... I have learned a lesson this past week in the fact that we don't always get what we want, but God is always enough for us. There are so many times when I don't feel like God is enough, and I just selfishly want something that I feel that I need. But the hard truth is that I do not need anything or anyone... all I need is God. So when things don't work out the way I hope they will I need to remember that God is more than all of my knowledge and life experience, He is more than all I can see. I love that line! I only see such a small picture, I can't see what God is doing, I don't know what is going to happen, but God does. So it is learning that He is more than enough for me, even when sometimes I think that something else would fullfill me more, it always comes back to the fact that nothing will ever satisfy me like my God can satisfy me.
I've grown so much in just the past five days alone. I'm breaking down walls I was always too scared to break, and doing things that I was always afraid to do. I am so amazed that God truly can give us such courage when we just look to Him, not to mention that you really can choose what you think and stop from thinking a certain way. For example I'm learning that when I get nervous I just tell myself not to be nervous and with God's help I get through it.
I feel free, and I feel happy. It was so nice to see Doc's smiling face this morning in chapel... I can't even tell you how much I missed having that joyful spirit around. I was so excited because the first song today was "How can I keep from singing" and then the amazing grace song, so Chris Tomlin is following me everywhere.
So I'm happy, genuinley happy... I know it won't always be this way, and I know that I have had a lot of ups and downs since I've been at BBC, not to mention how hard but good this past week was. But these are my last sixteen weeks at BBC, I want to make them my best :-)
My classes are going to be good and very helpful for my future. Its looking like I will be a teacher's assistant this summer and then maybe take on a teaching position for the next school year for the four year olds at the day care. So i'll see how I like it as well as gain teaching experience in a familiar setting, then who knows where God will take me, but if I do stick to this teaching thing I hope to go on to a school setting instead of a child care center. But it will be good to help me get on my feet, get a good insurance plan, and slowly learn what it means to know all of those "adult things" that I need to learn. I also hope that along with teaching I can get involved in youth ministry more which I miss doing so much. I'm also praying about the namibia trip this summer, but we will have to see what God has in store, but as I figure out my job situation here I'm praying God will help me work out a good plan to get the money I need to go.
So although graduation is 117 days away, and I leave for Bermuda in 118 days (ahhhh!!!), I'm going to enjoy just being where I am. Even with all the reading... sigh... homework :-) On a last note, our first night back consisted of going out to our favorite dinner spot (not pioneer obviously :-) and then to the mail room... i love the little joys BBC has to offer...
so that's all for now... love you all and of course i miss you already :-)
5 weeeekkkssss!!!!
<3, amanda
I'm in my LAST semester at BBC... that is so crazy!
I had such a good drive home yesterday, I left Chris Tomlin's CD, "See the Morning" on repeat, so you know it's a good CD if you can listen to it over and over for about 5 1/2 hours straight. His CD has been such a blessing to me, and I love so many of the songs. "How can I keep from singing" and "Made to Worship" are among my two favorites and since I have a special Edition CD I have the accoustic versions of both songs, my other favorite is his popular rendition of Amazing Grace with the new chorus he wrote. The one thing I like about driving by myself for a long period of time is it gives me plenty of time to think, and I really just tried to meditate on God and how good He is. The second time the CD played through the familiar lyrics in the bridge of "Enough" hit me with new meaning, and gave me a joy and peace I haven't felt in a long time.
"More than all I want
More than all I need
You are more than enough for me
More than all I know
More than all I can see
You are more than enough for me"
I have heard this song so many times, I have sang it so many times, and the words never really hit me so hard till yesterday. God is so much more "awesome" than I could ever imagine or recognize because of my sinful state. God is more than all I want... I have learned a lesson this past week in the fact that we don't always get what we want, but God is always enough for us. There are so many times when I don't feel like God is enough, and I just selfishly want something that I feel that I need. But the hard truth is that I do not need anything or anyone... all I need is God. So when things don't work out the way I hope they will I need to remember that God is more than all of my knowledge and life experience, He is more than all I can see. I love that line! I only see such a small picture, I can't see what God is doing, I don't know what is going to happen, but God does. So it is learning that He is more than enough for me, even when sometimes I think that something else would fullfill me more, it always comes back to the fact that nothing will ever satisfy me like my God can satisfy me.
I've grown so much in just the past five days alone. I'm breaking down walls I was always too scared to break, and doing things that I was always afraid to do. I am so amazed that God truly can give us such courage when we just look to Him, not to mention that you really can choose what you think and stop from thinking a certain way. For example I'm learning that when I get nervous I just tell myself not to be nervous and with God's help I get through it.
I feel free, and I feel happy. It was so nice to see Doc's smiling face this morning in chapel... I can't even tell you how much I missed having that joyful spirit around. I was so excited because the first song today was "How can I keep from singing" and then the amazing grace song, so Chris Tomlin is following me everywhere.
So I'm happy, genuinley happy... I know it won't always be this way, and I know that I have had a lot of ups and downs since I've been at BBC, not to mention how hard but good this past week was. But these are my last sixteen weeks at BBC, I want to make them my best :-)
My classes are going to be good and very helpful for my future. Its looking like I will be a teacher's assistant this summer and then maybe take on a teaching position for the next school year for the four year olds at the day care. So i'll see how I like it as well as gain teaching experience in a familiar setting, then who knows where God will take me, but if I do stick to this teaching thing I hope to go on to a school setting instead of a child care center. But it will be good to help me get on my feet, get a good insurance plan, and slowly learn what it means to know all of those "adult things" that I need to learn. I also hope that along with teaching I can get involved in youth ministry more which I miss doing so much. I'm also praying about the namibia trip this summer, but we will have to see what God has in store, but as I figure out my job situation here I'm praying God will help me work out a good plan to get the money I need to go.
So although graduation is 117 days away, and I leave for Bermuda in 118 days (ahhhh!!!), I'm going to enjoy just being where I am. Even with all the reading... sigh... homework :-) On a last note, our first night back consisted of going out to our favorite dinner spot (not pioneer obviously :-) and then to the mail room... i love the little joys BBC has to offer...
so that's all for now... love you all and of course i miss you already :-)
5 weeeekkkssss!!!!
<3, amanda

