"God gave us His love even when we didn't deserve it, and one look at the cross is all we need to take our eyes off of ourselves." ~Dr. Jim Lytle
"You yeild your members in accordance to who you are." ~Colin Smith
You know what I hear far too often from the people I love the most? They always seem to bring up the point of how low a self-esteem I really have... the people you love always seem to pick up on the part of yourself that you often try so hard to hide :-) funny how that works out. I have been thinking about this a lot lately, and how I worry so much about what others think. How there have been so many times where I would do a much better job at something if I would just let go of myself and give it my all regardless of who is looking on.
Funny how many times I have already mentioned my "self." I love both of the quotes that I previously mentioned because both tie into the fact that who I am is a believer in Christ. Everything else I do stems out of that. My beauty, talents, attitude, and ability to do anything is all found in Christ. I am the first to admit I don't act like thats where it stems from a lot of the time. I worry far to often and am often fearful of doing the things I most want to do because I don't have enough confidence, but the solution to that is to remember who I am looking at in finding my confidence.
I'm sure if I were to look at my posts from the past year, a lot of them would be similar to this very topic. It just shows how everything in life is a growing process that takes a long time to overcome. I just pray that I would keep pushing ahead and not fall back in realizing that everything I make or do is all Christ's working in me so I should not be afraid of sharing everything that God is doing in my life, because it's all Him in the first place. It's when I yeild my members to Christ, and it's just one look at His cross that I will find my confidence, beauty, and ability to live life to the fullest.
Again I fall back on this phrase...
Life is a journey...
seize every moment
"You yeild your members in accordance to who you are." ~Colin Smith
You know what I hear far too often from the people I love the most? They always seem to bring up the point of how low a self-esteem I really have... the people you love always seem to pick up on the part of yourself that you often try so hard to hide :-) funny how that works out. I have been thinking about this a lot lately, and how I worry so much about what others think. How there have been so many times where I would do a much better job at something if I would just let go of myself and give it my all regardless of who is looking on.
Funny how many times I have already mentioned my "self." I love both of the quotes that I previously mentioned because both tie into the fact that who I am is a believer in Christ. Everything else I do stems out of that. My beauty, talents, attitude, and ability to do anything is all found in Christ. I am the first to admit I don't act like thats where it stems from a lot of the time. I worry far to often and am often fearful of doing the things I most want to do because I don't have enough confidence, but the solution to that is to remember who I am looking at in finding my confidence.
I'm sure if I were to look at my posts from the past year, a lot of them would be similar to this very topic. It just shows how everything in life is a growing process that takes a long time to overcome. I just pray that I would keep pushing ahead and not fall back in realizing that everything I make or do is all Christ's working in me so I should not be afraid of sharing everything that God is doing in my life, because it's all Him in the first place. It's when I yeild my members to Christ, and it's just one look at His cross that I will find my confidence, beauty, and ability to live life to the fullest.
Again I fall back on this phrase...
Life is a journey...
seize every moment

