This week has been AMAZING!
Bible Conference was a much needed break to hear from amazing men of God talking about "Rock Solid Faith," and hearing from Sherrie Holloway, an amazing woman of God, talking about grace. One of my favorite parts wass also the singing which has been so beautiful. We have been sitting in the front a lot and to hear so many people echoing their praises to God in a gymnasium where the sound picks up so well, is so refreshing. Not to mention Doc Harris' smiling face and crazy facial expressions, makes you want to sing with everything in you. I wish all of you could meet him, he is awesome! Whether he leads us in singing hymns, choruses, or "spiritual songs" it is always so focused and I love that!
A new song we sang is so precious called "In the Valley" by Sovreign Grace Ministries:
"...So let me learn that the cross precedes the crown
To be low is to be high
That the valley's where You make me more like Christ
Let me find Your grace in the valley
Let me find Your life in my death
Let me find Your joy in my sorrow
Your wealth in my need
That You're near with every breath In the valley
In the daytime there are stars in the heavens
But they only shine at night
And the deeper that I go into darkness
The more I see their radiant light
So let me learn that my losses are my gain
To be broken is to heal
That the valley's where Your power is revealed"
I needed this week to refuel. It has been so nice to have a little break for so much God time, and to just be in God's word so much. I am also a small group leader of four girls in my dorm, and we met this week. I am having such a blast in that position and I see God using me and stretching me. I feel like a new person this week, and it is truly amazing watching God strip things away in my life that I have been holding onto for so long. It has been so nice experiencing that joyous freedom as He continues to teach me to find my joy in Him and Him alone. I have been experiencing more and more that faith is an everyday battle, an every minute, and every second battle. Before I guess I would always look at it in larger lengths of time... if I can just make it to next week... But oh how much of life have I been missing by waiting for something down the road instead of relying on God this very second?
I feel so free and I feel content and happy. Yes I have struggles, and yes there are areas of my heart that are hurting, but Jesus loves me :-) I just thought I would share with you guys some of the quotes that I have heard in the main sessions and workshops this week. I hope they encourage you as much as they have encouraged me:
"God understands our weaknesses and yet He works out His purposes despite our weaknesses."
~Dr. Chuck Emert
"Unexplainable circumstances may be the beginning of the greatest oppurtunities to serve Jesus." ~Dr. Chuck Emert
"Grace shows us that we need to get back to seeing God and reject anything that "dummies down God" like worry and idolatry and to replace it with meditating on God's faithfulness."
~Sherrie Holloway
"Rock Solid Faith commits itself to do the best of things in the worst of times."
~Dr. Don Shirk
"The difficulty in waiting is it feels like nothing is happening, but the adventure is that God is in our days." ~Dr. Don Shirk
"Often times we don't give God a chance, out of lack of faith that He can change the mind of others."
"Our God is Faithful, we just don't have Faith in Him."
"You can pray for needs for yourself and not be selfish, but God says He is going to supply our needs not neccesarily our wants."
~Coach Davis
"Validity of Your Faith is always determined by it's object."
"Whatever hinders serving Christ must be abandoned."
"Emotional decisions short-circuit biblical Faith and Spiritual growth."
"Motivation for doing God's will must be based on rational thinking and biblical revelation."
"Faith just begins, when man's power ends"
"Biblical Faith believes the the Promise of the One who made them. Yahweh is still God."
~Dr. Chuck Emert
"Rock Solid Faith has confidence in the authority of Christ."
"Information that doesn't fill your heart and develop your faith is worthless."
~President Jim Jeffrey
If any of you are interested in checking out the messages you can click the link below. Chuck Emert's were both really good, although you cannot get the full effect without his humorous power points. And Don Shirk's messages were pretty good too!
http://www.bbc.edu/chapel.asp
Anyways, I just hope that God would be teaching all of you how to be the best man or woman of God that you can be. And that He would continue to strip you of the things you cling to, as hard as that may be. As I have heard a thousand times since the summer, God is in control!
Be Blessed and Keep seeking after Him in everything!
love always,
amanda
Hebrews 11:6
Bible Conference was a much needed break to hear from amazing men of God talking about "Rock Solid Faith," and hearing from Sherrie Holloway, an amazing woman of God, talking about grace. One of my favorite parts wass also the singing which has been so beautiful. We have been sitting in the front a lot and to hear so many people echoing their praises to God in a gymnasium where the sound picks up so well, is so refreshing. Not to mention Doc Harris' smiling face and crazy facial expressions, makes you want to sing with everything in you. I wish all of you could meet him, he is awesome! Whether he leads us in singing hymns, choruses, or "spiritual songs" it is always so focused and I love that!
A new song we sang is so precious called "In the Valley" by Sovreign Grace Ministries:
"...So let me learn that the cross precedes the crown
To be low is to be high
That the valley's where You make me more like Christ
Let me find Your grace in the valley
Let me find Your life in my death
Let me find Your joy in my sorrow
Your wealth in my need
That You're near with every breath In the valley
In the daytime there are stars in the heavens
But they only shine at night
And the deeper that I go into darkness
The more I see their radiant light
So let me learn that my losses are my gain
To be broken is to heal
That the valley's where Your power is revealed"
I needed this week to refuel. It has been so nice to have a little break for so much God time, and to just be in God's word so much. I am also a small group leader of four girls in my dorm, and we met this week. I am having such a blast in that position and I see God using me and stretching me. I feel like a new person this week, and it is truly amazing watching God strip things away in my life that I have been holding onto for so long. It has been so nice experiencing that joyous freedom as He continues to teach me to find my joy in Him and Him alone. I have been experiencing more and more that faith is an everyday battle, an every minute, and every second battle. Before I guess I would always look at it in larger lengths of time... if I can just make it to next week... But oh how much of life have I been missing by waiting for something down the road instead of relying on God this very second?
I feel so free and I feel content and happy. Yes I have struggles, and yes there are areas of my heart that are hurting, but Jesus loves me :-) I just thought I would share with you guys some of the quotes that I have heard in the main sessions and workshops this week. I hope they encourage you as much as they have encouraged me:
"God understands our weaknesses and yet He works out His purposes despite our weaknesses."
~Dr. Chuck Emert
"Unexplainable circumstances may be the beginning of the greatest oppurtunities to serve Jesus." ~Dr. Chuck Emert
"Grace shows us that we need to get back to seeing God and reject anything that "dummies down God" like worry and idolatry and to replace it with meditating on God's faithfulness."
~Sherrie Holloway
"Rock Solid Faith commits itself to do the best of things in the worst of times."
~Dr. Don Shirk
"The difficulty in waiting is it feels like nothing is happening, but the adventure is that God is in our days." ~Dr. Don Shirk
"Often times we don't give God a chance, out of lack of faith that He can change the mind of others."
"Our God is Faithful, we just don't have Faith in Him."
"You can pray for needs for yourself and not be selfish, but God says He is going to supply our needs not neccesarily our wants."
~Coach Davis
"Validity of Your Faith is always determined by it's object."
"Whatever hinders serving Christ must be abandoned."
"Emotional decisions short-circuit biblical Faith and Spiritual growth."
"Motivation for doing God's will must be based on rational thinking and biblical revelation."
"Faith just begins, when man's power ends"
"Biblical Faith believes the the Promise of the One who made them. Yahweh is still God."
~Dr. Chuck Emert
"Rock Solid Faith has confidence in the authority of Christ."
"Information that doesn't fill your heart and develop your faith is worthless."
~President Jim Jeffrey
If any of you are interested in checking out the messages you can click the link below. Chuck Emert's were both really good, although you cannot get the full effect without his humorous power points. And Don Shirk's messages were pretty good too!
http://www.bbc.edu/chapel.asp
Anyways, I just hope that God would be teaching all of you how to be the best man or woman of God that you can be. And that He would continue to strip you of the things you cling to, as hard as that may be. As I have heard a thousand times since the summer, God is in control!
Be Blessed and Keep seeking after Him in everything!
love always,
amanda
Hebrews 11:6


Amanda, great blog, i can tell your an encourager...I just want to encourage you to get as close to Him as you can while at school. College is the perfect place for that in preparation for the awesome work He has for you! My wife and I attend a great church in Florida where she is the worship leader. If you get a chance, go to Creation House website, and look up a book called Face to Face, Going Beyond The Veil. the Author is me, Jesse Wilson, its written for people such as yourself, an overwhelming desire for more of God. We'll be praying for God's best for you...God bless!
hello, Amanda, your little "mistake", wasn't a mistake at all.......I found your blogsite and I think I'm going to keep readin' it! God bless you in your endeavors!