amanda
We attended my cousin’s graduation in P.A. last weekend. I am not going to lie by saying it was a completely great weekend because truth is, it was rough at some points. It was really hard keeping a good attitude when I had to go back to PA after being home for only one week. Not to mention having 6 people crammed in the pilot with all our stuff was kind of fun, but we survived, clashing personalities and all ;-) Saturday was rough, it was my birthday, and I just really wanted to be home waking up in my own bed, Alyssa called though making it feel more like home, and I got to go shopping and stuff, it’s funny how I used to remember looking forward to my birthday, but it really just feels now like any other day… I guess that’s what happens when you start getting old ;-) My cousin’s graduation was Sunday, she looked really beautiful (she goes to a private school where they where gowns and the guys wear tuxes, so it was a fancy ordeal), and it is always good to see her, which did make the 6-hour ride worth it.

Then we traveled back home. I cannot tell you how beautiful my house looked. :-P But I came upstairs to my room to see this:





While I was gone my good friend Amanda had decorated my room, and had written me a really sweet card, (awwww!) did I mention it was good to be home? hehe, but all in all it was an entertaining trip.

Random Babblings: In other news I got to see my daddy today, I’ve even already decided that I am going to try and write a special father’s day post and give him the website so he can see it. I have a few ideas, so we will see how that turns out.

I also have so much reading I want to do- I want to read these books not in any special order:
1) Ragamuffin Gospel
2) Desiring God
3) St. Augustine’s Confessions (I’ve read a little bit of it in West Civ. but would love to read the whole thing)
4) Seizing Your Divine Moment
5) I don’t have a specific title in mind for this one, and I know I have read many books like this growing up, but I want to find a new title about finding your value in God. Out of all the conversations I have been having with teen girls of late, I think this is one of the biggest issues, that I think we all struggle with to some extent. We let others determine our value, when the one who created us is the only one who truly understands how valuable we are.
6) Another big issue, that has come up a lot in my conversations with teens is… take a guess? The opposite sex and dating, I’m sure that is no surprise to anyone :-) I am just hoping I will stumble across a good one that will talk about what real love looks like. I loved the book “When God writes your Love Story” by Eric and Leslie Ludy, and that is one I can definitely recommend, but anyone else have any ideas??? (I think I am directing this question at you Lisa, because I think you mentioned a title awhile back???) Plus, I love reading books on this subject myself, it’s a good reminder to hold out for something wonderful, but to not let it be the most important thing to you in life. To learn that the most important thing is to fall in love with God first and any relationship that stems out of that should be one that centers around this great love for God.
7) A good mystery fiction book, I used to love Dee Henderson, so I might have to see what’s current.

So as you can see I will have a full summer as far as reading is concerned- Deep theology, romance, adventure, having a passionate heart after God, and suspense… all of which I think make up a life of depth and one that is full of meaning and joy, should be an interesting summer :-)

Lastly, my next post will be about Washington D.C. My family and I leave tomorrow, and will be back late Wednesday night, so prayer for flights would be good. I have to be the brave one since my mom hasn’t flown in 23 years, it’s been almost as long for Doug, and neither of my brothers have flown before. I know it will be fine but I always get a little nervous. So I hope I have tons to share with you, and who knows... maybe we’ll even run into George W. ;-)

Be Blessed everyone!

Sweet Dreams :-)
2 Responses
  1. Hey Amanda...I mentioned "Passion and Purity" by Elizabeth Elliott. I loved it, and I'm sure you would, but I think we could find a much better book for the teen audience. Although this book is timeless it may seem outdated to a younger audience. Hmmm...do I have enough hours on the plane to write a book? Just kidding. Maybe we can plan a book store trip after Namibia. I do als o highly suggest "Not Even a Hint" bu Josh Harris. I have many more thoughts to share. We'll have to chat.

    Let me sign off on this note... Waiting on God's tieming and plan for your life (especially for the "romantic" part if you life) is worth the wait more than I could ever express in words. Jesse and I are so blessed in our relationship and waiting for each other in every aspect has made every moment together more special.


  2. amanda Says:

    awwww! thanks lisa, and I know that last part is very true... it's pretty apparent with you and jesse :-) and i would love to go on a book shopping trip!