
wow... so being back at BBC is pretty much amazing! it's funny how once again I worried about something way too much unnecessarily and it is turning out great. I love being back with my amazing friends, not to mention coming back to a place that I know and am accustomed to was good, i feel a lot more comfortable here than i ever have which is good...
God taught me a really cool lesson today in the weirdest way. In chapel today Ken Riley from Lake Ann Camps in Michigan came and spoke to us. He showed a video and in it was this 70 year old woman who talked about fear, faith, and following God. She speaks at the camp, and does everything the kids do. Let's just say the things the kids do pretty much scare me to death... high ropes courses, rock wall climbing, and jacob's ladder. So I am sitting there watching this old lady do all these crazy things that she did to show the kids how she takes steps of faith in following God, as she fights her human fears. So this old crazy lady pretty much convicted me. I live a life of fear. I worry way too much about what other people think of me, and of looking stupid, and of just pure fear. There are so many things I would love to do.... I used to love skiing but now that I haven't skied in 8 years, i dont want to look stupid and im just plain scared. I have always wanted to try surfing but im petrified of sharks.

But today I conquered one of my fears! All throughout highschool I always wanted to try out for a play... i even signed up a few times to try out but I would always chicken out and miss my time slot. So today I went! i had such a blast! I was so excited and I just kept praying and it is so cool how God gave me the courage to do that. Even though i didn't get a part it was still amazing. I had a hard time cuz u need to have an english accent for this play, and well i don't do accents all that well so this play def. wasn't for me, but i will try out again next time and hopefully i can speak normally, hehe. but yeah it was pretty much amazing! i keep realizing how short my life is and i want to make the most of it and do things that I wouldn't normally do. I'm hoping my next crazy thing for me will be skiing with alyssa... haha petrified but I bet I can do it. Well I hope you guys are all doing awesome and enjoying being back here at BBC. Let God use you in big ways and don't be like me and let fear get in the way of something great! Be sure to live your life following God and to do things that make you happy and to be with those you love because life is too short to miss out on the adventures and to miss spending time with those special people in your life... remember that!
Be Blessed!
<3,>


hey turkey! has it been 3 weeks yet? love your page. watch out for those dispensational sharks.
So glad you feel "at home"...amazing how being in the center of God's will does that for you :)-Heather
Pastor Darin (aka JF :-): hehe I think you better set some time aside for next time I'm home... I need a big theology lesson... the sharks are coming out and i am keeping a question list :-)
Don: I still don't believe in coincedences :-D (i liked the article btw)
Heather: amen to that... it's just getting to the point of not putting my wants/desires before God's will that's hard. but God is so awesome :-) thanks for the prayers!
Hi! Amanda
So, the men on our "team" were mentioning that you had a blog of your own...so here I am to get in the groove! HaHa! I will need to get caught up on all of the earlier posts when I have some more time. I'm sure you know by now that Don is joining our #1 Team in Namibia! That is so great! We are going to have the greatest adventure! I can't wait to meet Maderena! Talk to you soon!