amanda

I love being at home... everything seems to make sense here and New Hampshire is so beautiful with the snow :-) I am going with my family to cut our Christmas tree down (if they ever finish getting ready!!!) so I am excited about that. This week has been really great so far.
Even though seeing all of my family was overwhelming it was growing and stretching. It was so cool to see my family treating me like an adult. My mom and I have been discussing a big decision for awhile that we have come to the conclusion might be best. It meant a lot talking to my grandfather because not only is he supportive of me going into youth ministry now, he actually thinks it will be better for me to go to BBC for two years which was a shock to me. The overwhelming support of my family actually preffering me to go to BBC for two years was also shocking. So there's my big news I guess. My mom and I have been discussing that I go for my Associate's degree instead of my Bachelor's Degree. I am meeting with my advisor next week because a big factor in this is to make sure I could get all of my youth ministry classes done in the next year and a half. This is looking like a better option to my family as well as myself financially and overall. I am praying about it and I hope you will come alongside me in praying. I talked with pastor darin about it last night. It was so good to spend time with Him and talk I missed that. It's nice to know that everyone will support my decision no matter what. My pastor suggested that I talk with someone else and I will if I get the oppurtunity. So yeah school and Namibia are definetley two big decisions in my life right now, and the school one needs to be decided on soon because it will effect my classes next semester. So if you think of it pray.

A recap of this past week is lots and lots of family, snow, good food, and spending time with the jr. high girls, and I hung out with pastor darin and family last night. It was really fun to spend time with the girls and play games and watch "The Christmas Story" which I finally saw all of it for the first time and it was fun. And today there is lots of stuff that might go on, then church, etc. tomorrow because I am usually with friends all day on sunday's, then monday at some point lyssy and I head back to PA. wow... but I am fine with it, God made this time with the people I was with and it was all a part of His perfect plan which is amazing :-)
I am so thankful for this week and my last couple of days at home, and I hope and pray that you are all enjoying your thanksgiving break too! enjoy it and remember to spend time with those you love :-)

love you all!

~amanda

"Walking in a winter wonderland"
0 Responses