Trip number 5 is just about to begin.
I'm realizing this year, or understanding more, how hard this trip is for my family especially my mom. It's so hard to let go of the things you love.
Last night, I couldn't find the pillow case I've brought on every trip with me. It's the one thing I know of that I have that was given to me while my mom and dad were still married. It's a source of comfort and home for me. Last night I was also going through an old box of pictures from when my mom and dad were still married and when I was a baby. Needless to say I spent last night bawling my eyes out thinking about how life could have been different, and how I wish I could remember what it was like to have both mom and dad at home. The thought of leaving without the pillow case and certain pictures was too much for me. Because it's a way to bring my mom and dad with me. Yet how much more difficult is it for them to watch me go, which I have done to them for the past four years, and now as of today a fifth year.
Love is by far the most amazing thing, and the most painful thing. Because it hurts like none other leaving those you love behind.
So mommy and daddy I love you both very much, and I know this is hard to watch me go across the world but it's what God wants me to do. I will see you soon. Love you!
Amanda
PS: I found my pillow case, God is oh so GOOD! So now I'm ready to go to Africa. Which is where I will be till July 16th, and will be home the 18th. I'm very excited to be sharing this trip with the people who are going. We have some returning dancers and also some first timers who I am very excited to get to know! So check out the blog and leave some comments.
Namibia 2008 Blogspot
I'm realizing this year, or understanding more, how hard this trip is for my family especially my mom. It's so hard to let go of the things you love.
Last night, I couldn't find the pillow case I've brought on every trip with me. It's the one thing I know of that I have that was given to me while my mom and dad were still married. It's a source of comfort and home for me. Last night I was also going through an old box of pictures from when my mom and dad were still married and when I was a baby. Needless to say I spent last night bawling my eyes out thinking about how life could have been different, and how I wish I could remember what it was like to have both mom and dad at home. The thought of leaving without the pillow case and certain pictures was too much for me. Because it's a way to bring my mom and dad with me. Yet how much more difficult is it for them to watch me go, which I have done to them for the past four years, and now as of today a fifth year.
Love is by far the most amazing thing, and the most painful thing. Because it hurts like none other leaving those you love behind.
So mommy and daddy I love you both very much, and I know this is hard to watch me go across the world but it's what God wants me to do. I will see you soon. Love you!
Amanda
PS: I found my pillow case, God is oh so GOOD! So now I'm ready to go to Africa. Which is where I will be till July 16th, and will be home the 18th. I'm very excited to be sharing this trip with the people who are going. We have some returning dancers and also some first timers who I am very excited to get to know! So check out the blog and leave some comments.
Namibia 2008 Blogspot


I gave your sleeping bag to Toivo... now he has one of his own. I thought you might like that. He said that he will think of you when he uses it & it will melt his face off... ;) see you in a couple weeks!
Love ~G