I love how I just keep adding to this post :-) So I know this is a dumb prayer request in the scheme of things going on, but I got a call from the guy who is working on my computer back home and he informed that it is basically useless and completley fried. If my family can find the CD, he is going to restore the system which is our last chance otherwise bye bye to my HP laptop and it's not like my family or I can just come up with the money to buy a new one right now. I think the thing I am most worried about is I have many pictures and things I have written that are really important to me and I am not sure I have them backed up. For instance my ethics treatice, and a few very important pieces of writing to me, but either way restored or not restored I am going to lose them which was hard to hear just because I put a lot of time and emotion into them. So I'm praying that I can at least find paper copies of them somewhere.
Update on School life I am hoping to get a post up soon with pictures from our Dorney Park Adventure as well as Labor Day games today. It was so much fun to see all the dorms unified and cheering on you're dorms boat (you could not call ours a boat exactly, it was pretty bad :-) as a few brave souls from each dorm tried to get it across the disgusting BBC pond. It was pretty much stinkin hilarious so hopefully pictures to come!
Classes are beginning to get me intrigued which is a huge praise. Trying to learn as much as I can, and to truly seize this oppurtunity. I've been looking into a lot of things that I would love to do this year, but one thing I really wanted to go to is the National Youth Workers Convention. I started researching it over the summer, but it would be tons of money because I don't know anyone in any of the locations (especially texas which i will get to see someday) so it looks like I will have to put it off another year since last year was also out of the question... except i won't get the student discount... stink! :-) It looks good for the senior trip cruise to bermuda and the bahammas though. It just feels so far away and who knows what other oppurtunities might come up, so I haven't actually decided yet.
I have really been working at trying to encourage others and to be joyful no matter what because I realize once again that I focus too much on myself and I need to worry more about bringing glory to God by loving others around me. Praise God for all He is doing! Here are some song lyrics and a verse that have touched my heart this weekend:
"...Yet married I to Jesus the lamb
this union is sealed
all heaven's agreed
from sin and from moses
I henceforth am freed
My soul then rejoice,
let Christ be thy song,
with heart and with voice
with lip and with tongue"
"To be great in,
great in your eyes
is my dream
To be the one
who makes you smile
is everything."
~Ten Shekel Shirt
"Be joyful always;
pray continually;
give thanks in all circumstances,
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
~1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Update on School life I am hoping to get a post up soon with pictures from our Dorney Park Adventure as well as Labor Day games today. It was so much fun to see all the dorms unified and cheering on you're dorms boat (you could not call ours a boat exactly, it was pretty bad :-) as a few brave souls from each dorm tried to get it across the disgusting BBC pond. It was pretty much stinkin hilarious so hopefully pictures to come!
Classes are beginning to get me intrigued which is a huge praise. Trying to learn as much as I can, and to truly seize this oppurtunity. I've been looking into a lot of things that I would love to do this year, but one thing I really wanted to go to is the National Youth Workers Convention. I started researching it over the summer, but it would be tons of money because I don't know anyone in any of the locations (especially texas which i will get to see someday) so it looks like I will have to put it off another year since last year was also out of the question... except i won't get the student discount... stink! :-) It looks good for the senior trip cruise to bermuda and the bahammas though. It just feels so far away and who knows what other oppurtunities might come up, so I haven't actually decided yet.
I have really been working at trying to encourage others and to be joyful no matter what because I realize once again that I focus too much on myself and I need to worry more about bringing glory to God by loving others around me. Praise God for all He is doing! Here are some song lyrics and a verse that have touched my heart this weekend:
"...Yet married I to Jesus the lamb
this union is sealed
all heaven's agreed
from sin and from moses
I henceforth am freed
My soul then rejoice,
let Christ be thy song,
with heart and with voice
with lip and with tongue"
"To be great in,
great in your eyes
is my dream
To be the one
who makes you smile
is everything."
~Ten Shekel Shirt
"Be joyful always;
pray continually;
give thanks in all circumstances,
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
~1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


so... you didn't learn from Darin's mistake, aye... always back up your system.... seems kinda ouchy... sounds like it is a dead hard drive?? on, a bit of a happier note... they are not that expensive, much less than a whole new laptop, but the loss of data can be heartbreaking... :-(
Love ya! ~G